Why is using an antimicrobial wound dressing important?
- Antimicrobial dressings provide important benefits to both patients and clinicians. They kill a broad spectrum of microbes to help manage bioburden, reduce infection risk, and provide an optimal environment for wound healing2-6,8-10,15. Antimicrobial dressings can be an important component of an infection control strategy for patients and healthcare facilities.
Why choose Advanced Microcurrent Technology® (AMT)?
- AMT is the only antimicrobial dressing technology in the world that is BioElectric.
- Unlike any other antimicrobial wound dressing, AMT employs moisture-activated microcell batteries embedded in the dressing, which generate electricity to mimic the body’s physiologic electric fields1,13.
- AMT-powered dressings kill a broad spectrum of harmful microbes within the dressing (including some antibiotic-resistant and biofilm-forming strains of bacteria) to help reduce the risk of infection2-5 and help maintain a moist wound environment, while supporting the body’s natural healing process6.
How much electrical current does Procellera® produce?
- Procellera wirelessly generates 2-10μA (microamperes).
Can the microcurrents be felt?
- No, the current is below the threshold of sensation.
When should I choose Procellera Single Layer Dressing versus Procellera Helix® Composite Dressing?
- Procellera Single Layer is used for large or small acute or chronic wounds to support customizing dressing applications.
- Procellera Helix Composite Dressing is recommended for surgical incisions and wounds that do not require frequent dressing changes.
What are examples of conductive media?
- Sterile saline, sterile water, sterile wound hydrogel, or wound exudate.
Are there any guidelines for use of wound cleansing agents with Procellera dressings?
- Follow common clinically accepted protocols for wound cleansing.
Is a skin prep recommended before the application of an adhesive dressing?
- Skin prep use is optional. For application, follow the skin prep manufacturer’s Instructions for Use.
If I trim the single layer dressing to customize its fit, can I cut through a dot?
- Yes. Note: Use sharp scissors to avoid fraying of the dressing.
What are examples of secondary dressings?
- Waterproof, semi-permeable, and hydrogel-like dressings.
Can Procellera be used with other wound therapies?
- Procellera supports standard care protocols with active therapies and devices. Consult your physician.
Can patients with pacemakers or ICDs use Procellera dressings?
How do I order?
What sizes does it come in?
- Additional product details can be found on our Product pages.
- For any additional questions, please refer to the Product Instructions for Use or Contact Us.